Sunday, December 17, 2006

Christmas Cards


This year I had the bright idea of making my own holiday cards. Last summer I was down at Paper Source http://www.paper-source.com and picked up a card making kit. I sent a few out and everyone loved them. I decided to keep up the creativity and made a few cards here and there and thought "Hey - why not do this for Christmas". Well, making one or two of a card is fine, but 30? Whew, I'm glad I'm done. They were pretty simple, just time consuming, I cut out large circles, used my sewing machine and some silver thread to sew a design on, then used an eyelet to make it look like an ornament. On the inside I stamped a sentiment in silver, and I tried to emboss it, but I could not get the embossing powder to raise. It just kept brushing off. So, I cancelled the embossing and went with it. It's a little faint on the inside, but still readable. Got them mailed off on Saturday. If I make cards again next year, perhaps I should get an earlier start.

No comments: