Saturday, December 30, 2006

Christmas Dinner

I had meant to post this earlier, but things got crazy at work last week and I had to cut my vacation short to go in and deal with some issues. But, I'm off (hopefully) for the weekend and have some catching up to do.

Christmas Day my mom, stepdad, sister and her fiancee came over for dinner with my husband and I. We had a great time and everyone loved the food. The table settings were pretty simple, it looks plain in the photograps, but the placemats were a real pretty ruby red sheer fabric over a shiny satin. I got them on clearance at Pier 1 last year.

I tried to keep the cooking simple. Got a ham from the Honeybaked Ham company, so all I had to do was make sides.

Menu

Honeybaked Ham
Twice-Baked Potato Boats
Green Beans with caramelized shallots
Rolls

Chocolate Ganache Tart



Dessert was by far the best part. I got the recipe out of Every Day Food by Martha Stewart, November 2005 issue. Here's a shot of the finished product:

All in all, a good day was had!



No comments: