Saturday, May 31, 2008

Coat Sew-Along

Well, I've signed up to sew my most ambitious project to date - a winter coat. I've wanted to sew a coat for a while, I've had some fabric for over a year now and the pattern too, I just haven't gotten up the nerve to start it out. Then I read on Marji's blog about a blogging sew-along she was putting together. It appealed to me because it is structured to spread out the work between now and September. So in June we will fit a muslin, July, cut and interline fabric, etc. I figure this way I won't get to overwhelmed and not ever finish. Plus there are tons of other sewing experts whose blogs I regularly read that are participating as well, so I will be asking a lot of questions. Marji has set the blog to private, so only members can see the posts, but I'll post my progress here as well.

I will be sewing Simplicity 4403, view A (the one on the far right)


My fabric is this wool houndstooth fabric I picked up from Cy Rudnick's fabric during their going out of business sale. It was such a steal - only $6 a yard, and the regular price was over $30/yard!!!


Now, I just need to pick up my other items, lining, buttons etc. I'll keep you updated!

No comments: